Tuesday, February 9, 2010

We are staying!

During this unemployment journey, we looked at moving away from Salt Lake. There are a lot of great things about moving--new places to see, new friends to make, and more. But leaving also means packing up my house. Nope! Don't like that thought at all. Way too much work!!! Of course, throwing out all the junk is a great plus--but I can actually do that if I stay here. It's just not as much fun that way.

During the first week of January, we received an offer from a firm in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Carl has actually traveled there several times over the years and has friends there so it wouldn't have been a bad place to go. Caitlin was excited about the increased skating opportunities. But.....it wasn't the right time. So we turned that job down. It was a "sick to your stomach" moment since we'd been unemployed for 6 months at that point. But it was the right decision.

Anyway, we are staying in Salt Lake. We don't have to move at all which is nice. I enjoy living next door to my parents--one of the best things about where I live. The kids can stay in the schools they enjoy--especially since they are both in high school now. Tough to move in high school so I'm awfully glad they don't have to do that. I get to stay in my job which is also a plus. I work with some great people so I'm glad I get to stay too.

I'll have more on the details as they get finalized. But YES! We're staying!!!!

1 comment:

Safire said...

Yay I'm glad you're staying! :)