Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I really hate viruses!

I don't mean the computer kind. I mean the microbial kind. I have a cold. An old-fashioned cold. My head hurts, my throat is sore, my nose is stuffed up or running depending on the moment. My voice is scratchy and I just feel lousy.

You know what they say, take a cold medicine and you'll feel better in 7-10 days OR don't do anything and you'll feel better in a week or so. Guest that means for the next week or 7-10 days, I get to deal with an annoying microbe from the rhino-virus family.

Luckily, I must have had a premonition. I stocked up on pocket size Kleenex packages. I should have grabbed some hand sanitizer at the same time. I'm not a hand-sanitizer fan but this is definitely an appropriate time to use it.

Oh well. I'll try to stay hydrated and keep the Kleenex close. The main thing I'm not looking forward to is trying to get any kind of decent sleep. I doubt a good night's sleep is in the cards any time soon.

Anybody have any good homeopathic remedies?

1 comment:

Safire said...

We like hot water with lemon juice and honey in it here. Helps with the sore throat.

Also, if you put Vicks vapor rub on the soles of your feet, that seems to help. Odd but true. Good luck!