Sunday, June 7, 2009

Wet Sunday!

What a wet, wet day! I can hardly believe it's June. I woke up late and I thought it was earlier than it was because it was overcast. It's really rained and been cloudy and almost cold for Utah in June. My mom called it an English summer-rain and gray clouds.

I am enjoying the cooler weather. I love the fact that I don't need to have the heat on or the air on. It's perfect. It's cool to sleep and brisk in the mornings. I really wouldn't mind this for about 10 weeks out of the summer with two weeks of bright sunshine and mid-80's mixed in. Unfortunately, it's going to get really hot and hit 100 sooner than I hope.

My kids would like it to warm up before the week is over but that's not in the forecast. They are headed into the mountains with the youth group from church and my daughter is complaining that they will be cold. I think they really will be cold, too. Jacket time all day long most likely because it's not forecast to get above 70 degrees for a high! WOW!! So cool for mid-June.

So, I'm enjoying my cool days and the lower utility bills are a wonderful bonus. Enjoy the weather wherever you are!




1 comment:

Safire said...

I was not prepared for it to be so cold!