Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Every ride is a water ride!

I am not a fan of water rides at amusement parks. I had a bad experience with a water ride about 14 years ago and I've never enjoyed them since. Generally, I like amusement parks--just not the water rides. So you can imagine how my day went today at Lagoon.

It's the annual Lagoon day today! In the middle of what must be classified as a monsoon in the desert! So of course we went. I took my son and his friend and we got there about 4pm. It was actually pretty nice--not too hot, fairly sunny, not at all crowded.

My daughter and husband got there about 6pm. Just before they got there, the clouds moved in and it rained a bit and turned cold. I stayed dry under some of the large trees because the rain was pretty light and it only lasted 10 minutes or so.

We did some rides, got some dinner, the boys had their picture taken at the Photography shop in Pioneer Village. My husband and daughter got on Samurai and it started to rain. Just lightly. My daughter was cold and hungry so she went off to Arby's and we hit the inside rides--Haunted House and Terror Ride.

Now the rain is coming down a little harder and it is starting to get really chilly. So the husband and daughter head home. The two 14-year old boys are just getting started. By the time I found them just after 9:30 they were soaked to the skin. But they wanted one more ride. So off they went to Wild Mouse and Wicked.

Unfortunately, they found the deepest, hugest puddle I have ever seen. It was nearly up to my son's knees and he's 6 feet tall! I know this because he waded through it--about 6 times!!!!! If there was any part of their bodies that was dry before the puddle, it was wet after!

Now it's time to head home with two very wet teen-agers--and no towels! My daughter will freak tomorrow because I'm pretty sure the car is going to smell like wet teen age boy! I had the heat on full blast because we were all cold and shivering. It's June and I have the heat on in my car!

So, I really don't like water rides and after today's experience with every ride being a water ride, I think my Lagoon season is done for 2009!

No comments: