Sunday, February 1, 2009

I hate spam!

I hate spam!! Especially the electronic type. I've had the same email address for years and I did really well staying away from spam. But somehow in the last few months, I've gotten hit. Sometimes I get 50 emails a day all from the same 4 or 5 domains. I know I can do some blocking with my ISP but it means taking time to figure out. Time is something I just don't have much of at this point.

I get a lot of spam at work too--some of which you can't imagine!!!! I junk most of it but it comes in waves. Since so much of our sales is done through email inquiries, we don't have any kind of filters but to junk the spam as it comes in. We have a firewall but that's on the server. There are days when I'll get 80 emails and over half them go to junk automatically.

I don't understand how and why some people have time to create the spam and then lay it out there for the rest of us to deal with. GET A LIFE!! If you think about it, it's really a shame that people have so much time to create viruses, hack websites and be endlessly electronically annoying. WHY? There are so many things to do in real time and reality that to spend so much time in virtual pursuits is ridiculous!

So, at some point, I'm going to have to deal with this spam or change my email address. I really hate to think about changing my email address. It's almost as bad as having to change your phone number!!! (Which here in Utah we get to start 10-digit dialing next month! Check your pre-programmed phone numbers and make sure you have the area code or your calls won't go through).

So do I change my email? Probably. It's really annoying and one of these days (maybe when I actually get a day off) I'll talk to my ISP and figure out my best options. Until then, the delete key is my best friend. :)

No comments: