Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Are you a goer or a stayer?

I'm a stayer. While I enjoy traveling, I don't do alot of "things" at home. We're pretty much in a rut, day by day. We go to school and work. We do homework & chores (both of which could be done better). But we don't go "do" anything.

However, I'm trying to get out of that rut. I'm looking to my niece for inspiration. With three children three and under, she is actually considering going to the inauguration next week. I would never have thought of it when my kids were little. However, I had a child who didn't "go" well, but that's probably three weeks worth of post topics. She's not sure she'll actually go, but I'm impressed she would even think about it.

So, with that in mind, we are going to Walking With Dinosaurs this week. It looks really really neat. Both my kids are pretty excited about it. It'll make for a busy weekend but it's end of semester tomorrow and the kids have a 4-day weekend. It's a really good night to get out and go!

So do you have any get up and go plans? Or are you more of a stayer?

2 comments:

Safire said...

I am a goer. But I grew up with the ultimate tourist. Mom drug us everywhere. So now I get to drag the kids everywhere too! They love it. They are good at it. And I think we're 80% sure we're going...just have to check the weather. Because with all my get up and go, there is no way I'm standing outside in 18 degree weather with infants.

Mrs P said...

So how was the dinosaur show? We have gone so much! Now that I 'm older, my last child hasn't done half of what the other kids did by her age, but we are trying to do better. We even took her to the fireworks on New Years Eve downtown, but we all got cold and left before they were over!