Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Spring in the Rockies

What month is it?  May with spring breezes and flowers.  Have you looked outside lately?  How about snow, rain, and cold?  Welcome to Spring in the Rockies!


Interstate 80 was closed twice today due to weather related accidents at Parley's Summit.  In the first one there was no injuries other than to the vehicles and I haven't heard about the second one that happened later in the day.  It looks and feels like winter is still here.


Usually in May, we're flirting with when to turn on the air conditioning.  This year, the heat is still on and it's not a luxury--it's cold!  I'd put all my winter clothes downstairs when we had some nice weather a couple of weeks ago and I had to bring all the long sleeves back up again.  I had the space heater on in my office--which I rarely do in the winter--because I was chilled yesterday morning.


I just hope we still get a spring season and it doesn't turn into summer overnight.

1 comment:

Safire said...

Rats, I keep hoping it will warm up for us when we get there! I don't want to have to bring 2 different types of clothes, although I probably should.